The Adelaide University Dental Student Society’s Student’s Affairs team is proud to bring you an implantology workshop. The workshop is presented by Dr Daniel Im who is a presenter with Osstem and also a clinical lecturer and tutor at USYD. This workshop is aimed for BDS 4, 5 and some spots are available to graduate students who are interested in the basics of Implantology. Dr Im’s Osstem 4 day workshops are usually over $1000 and cover up to 28 CPD hours.
Date: Sat August 4th, 9AM - 4PM
For this one day implantology workshop the pricing are as followed:
BDS students: AUDSS member ($20), Non-member ($25)
Lecture and hands-on sessions will be mixed throughout the day.
CPD hours for graduates for this workshop is 6 hours
BDS 1 2 3 students: if you are interested, please contact Calvin to be placed on waiting list.
Topics that are covered include:
- What is a dental implant and when and how do I offer this treatment?
- Prosthetic driven dental implantology (Crown down treatment planning)
- Getting familiar with implant fixture, cover screw, healing abutment, impression coping, stock abutment (DENSPLY-SIRONA REPS)
- Drill exercise into alveolar bone model or block of wood // placement of dummy implant fixture into these models and connecting parts (cover screw, healing abutment, impression coping, stock abutments)
- Good implant surgery vs poor implant surgery from the planning stage to failure stage
Refreshments and lunch will be provided. All materials are sponsored by Dentsply Sirona.
Dr Daniel Im studied in the University of Toronto and the University of Sydney. He has been teaching in the Faculty of Dentistry at The University of Sydney for the last 10 years. He has been teaching both cosmetic restoration as well as functional restoration in the beginning of his teaching career. He then started to teach Oral Surgery at the University of Sydney teaching hospitals. Dr Im’s passion of promoting good dentistry does not stop at the University level and he is invited to many of the professional conferences to speak and give lectures. He is a key opinion leader in some of the main dental companies in Australia. Dr Im is also a course director of one of the largest dental implant companies worldwide, meaning he teaches other dentists how to place dental implants.